To start video blogging is not a simple task, you might select some specific items which might be your need or enhance your video and sound quality.
For video recording, two things are of much importance: video editing and the sound of the video. Rest types of equipment are necessary for shooting a video.
So you might think about how you can get rid of your weighted mic with a smart alternative that might fulfill all your requirements.
Well, I have good news for you, does this sound fascinating to you to use AirPods as a mic? If your answer is yes, start reading this article to the end to know how AirPods record audio for your video and enhance the quality of your video.
The Learning Process Of Video Recording
The wired headsets are now replaced by wireless Airpods or Buds and are very popular, but there is another way of using your AirPods or Buds besides listening to music or calling.
Whether you are creating a video for your project or you just want your audio quality to be the best. Using AirPods as a mic will enhance your sound quality and is a very convenient solution.
The smartphones like Apple and Android phones are on the top list for vloggers due to their realistic camera quality, but by using a smart external mic you can enhance your audio quality. But a question comes to mind, can AirPods record sound?
The answer is yes, there are two ways of using your AirPods, whether Bluetooth or simply connecting your wireless Airpods to your iPad or iPhone by the lightning cable to record the quality sound.
Both of these methods are very easy and are ideal for making your video sound fascinating and make your content entertaining. Utilize your AirPods to record sound for video and make appealing video content and stop following traditional microphones.
How to Use AirPods Mic As Default
By following these simple steps you are able to connect your wireless microphone to your device to utilize them as your voice recorder.
First, connect your AirPods to your device here is the simple way to do it:
- Pair your wireless headset by holding the button on the charging case of AirPods, if the light turns white it indicates the device is paired.
- On your smartphone, go to settings > Bluetooth and select the “connect” button on your device. Note: if the pairing fails make sure your AirPods are in pairing mode and try again.
- The second step involves the recording app on your device, you need to open the camera app or the third-party application that you are using to record videos. It will be discussed separately.
- The third step is to look for the mic icon or simply go to the settings button that allows you to opt for the audio input. Tap the microphone icon to further open the audio settings.
- The fourth step involves opening audio input settings, here is the list of available options for microphones. From that list, choose Airpods to use as a mic for your video recording.
- The fifth step is to make sure your microphone is working properly and enables you to record sounds in your surroundings.
- The final stage explains the volume adjustment, if the volume is too low or high you can use the volume buttons on your smartphone to adjust them as per your requirements.
Congratulations! You are done, with these simple steps you are able to record refined quality sound for your video, and top of the best the AirPods also give you noise cancellation support to reduce the additional non-interesting voices in your surroundings.
Read more: How to Turn on Mic Monitoring PC?
User Guide For Using AirPods As Mic
Before selecting AirPods as your mic you should keep these things in your mind for recording videos to avoid mistakes.
- Make sure AirPods are connected to your device (iPhone or iPad).
- The external microphone also provides you with the best sound quality so make sure to use an external mic for video shooting.
- Place your microphone near the sound source to get the finest result from your mic connected with Bluetooth.
- The charging case can also be used as a microphone but the sound quality is not up to the mark.
Make sure to follow these guidelines to adopt your sound quality to be the best after recording videos or your desired content.
In addition to the built-in camera application, third-party applications for video recording might be a useful source for capturing quality video either on your iPhone or using it on an Android smartphone video recorder.
The most useful applications for video recording are:
Here is some bad news for Android users, the MoviePro app doesn’t work on Android phones it is only available for iOS users and FilmicPro can be used on iOS devices and Android smartphones to record professional videos. It also supports Bluetooth devices (Airpods and AirPods Pro).
Or you can open the link for your clear understanding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp03UfnXz1w)
How To Use AirPods As Mic In MoviePro
- Download the app, and if already installed focus on the next point.
- Open the app MoviePro and click on settings.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is turned on in the recorder settings sections.
- Test and record a demo video to make sure the sound quality is according to your desire.
- There you go, now enjoy capturing your favorite videos easily.
How to Use AirPods As Mic in FilmicPro
Follow these easy steps on your latest iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro to record video through FilmicPro.
- Download the app from Apple Store or Play Store.
- Click on the gear icon of the app to access the settings of the application.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and select the audio settings.
- Now shoot a small demo video for testing audio and sound quality.
- Hurray! You are all set.
Technology is advancing by the day and also introducing smart gadgets which can help in sorting out our problems and some of them are very expensive to buy.
To shoot professional videos on your smartphone, you can simply use Airpods as a mic by syncing them properly. The best benefit is that you can get rid of traditional heavy gadgets with simple and portable wireless microphones.
In this article, you are guided to using your Apple AirPods as a microphone for recording videos and quality sound for your project or channel.
The third-party applications (MoviePro and FilmicPro) can be the best source for you to utilize for recording purposes.
The complete discussion surely helps you to eliminate the expensive mics that are expensive and cover space as well.
If you have any queries regarding this connectivity or finding difficulty of any sort. You can find more information on our next blogs that might be the answer to your questions.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article, I might think I have achieved the goal of providing valuable information to you.
Can I use any AirPods model as a mic?
Yes, you can use AirPods or AirPods Pro as a microphone. You just need to connect them with Bluetooth and idealize some settings.
Can AirPods be used as a microphone in live streams?
In case your streaming platform allows you to connect or select an external microphone?
How to clean an AirPods microphone?
Cleaning the AirPods microphone is a bit sensitive and to avoid damage to your microphone, do not use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean your EarPods. Gently remove debris with a dry, soft brush.
Can I use Airpods as a microphone for video calls?
Yes, by opting for the same settings you can use your EarPods as a mic for video calls.